Scene 94

Scene Ninety-four...The Prince
Time: Afternoon, Sunday, July 20, 1947
Place: Grand Prix, Nice, France
Storyteller: Janet


"Now aren't you glad we flew, Dad? Let's see how close we can get to the Maserati," says Paul.

"William, keep an eye on the ladies. Paul and I will be gone a few minutes."

Betty and Mom are chatting about French fashion.

William turns to me. "Prince Rainier has been looking more at you than the race. He must like blonds."

"Where is he?"

"If I tell, you'll stare and point and embarrass all of us."

"Tell me."

"He's with the actress. Red dress. You can't miss her."

"Oh, no. He caught me looking at them."

"You should listen to your folks and go to a Catholic girls school in Paris. That might convince Prince Charming to marry you."

I scoff, "Don't be silly. He's not allowed to marry an American. Besides, you know I'm going to be a Rockette."

Popular posts from this blog

Scene 95...Epilogue

Scene 21

Scene 17