Scene 95...Epilogue

WARNING
Spoiler Alert !!!
This is "The End"
Please read scenes 1-94 first.



EPILOGUE...Scene 95...Letter From Janet
Time: June 16, 1948
Place: Nice, France
Storyteller: Janet


Dear Paul,

I can't believe you missed the Monaco Grand Prix, all because of college. Nino won in a Maserati, per usual. The Prince kept staring at me again. Doris needs to see the Oceanographic Museum in Monaco. It's on a cliff above the sea.

Betty likes her job at the hospital. Also, she's taking Mediterranean cooking classes. By the looks of her, she's eating too much delicious food, or she's pregnant.

William will soon be joining the faculty of medicine at Aix-Marseille University. I wonder if they'll get an apartment? Can babies live on boats? Surprisingly, Dad didn't explode about Betty moving a hundred miles away. He's busy getting the vineyard perfect for Tony's visit. Mom continues to paint with the Big Shots.

Guess you heard I graduated. The folks gave me a Canon camera with a dozen rolls of Kodacolor film. I'll take lots of pictures this summer in Nice, and more in Paris, this fall.

Madame 'C' and Brodskys have arranged professional jazz, tap, and ballet training until spring. This is necessary because Rockette auditions are in April at Radio City Music Hall. Madame will be there watching me, thanks to Dad's wallet. If Doc retires, he'll be sitting beside her.

Mom booked passage for us to cross on the Queen Mary. Grandma is planning to make the return voyage with her, since I'll be staying in New York.

Write soon and fill me in on the Viridian gossip.

Love to Lucy,
Janet

P.S.
William, Betty, and I went sailing on Sunday. We passed another sloop similar to ours. An ordinary looking guy had his arm around a familiar redhead in a yellow polka dot bikini. Thank goodness the binoculars were handy. I could read the name on the back of the boat.

Vivien and Bill

Popular posts from this blog

Scene 21

Scene 17