Scene 24

Scene Twenty-four...Nancy
Time: Afternoon, Saturday, March 16, 1946
Place: Ballet school
Storyteller: Janet

Mom drops me off. "I'm going to wonder around the lobbies of a few hotels today. Hope the paintings are original. See you later dear."

"If anybody can pin point a reproduction, it's you. Have fun."

Time flies as I dance. Class is almost over. Mom sneaks into a chair.

Anna isn't through. "Pirouette," she says.

I do a three hundred and sixty degree spin on one foot, which is demi-point, since we aren't wearing pointe shoes. A few more whirls and we are dismissed.

Sitting on the bench...rubbing my feet. Someone taps on my shoulder. It's Nancy. "Stay away from Robert," she says.

"Huh?" I reply

"He's my boyfriend. Stay away," Nancy repeats.

"I don't have time for boys. My career is all that matters. Goodbye."

"Wait a minute. Cool down girls," says Sergey. "You'll both have dancing roles as swans in our performance. You better learn to work together."

Popular posts from this blog

Scene 95...Epilogue

Scene 21

Scene 17