Scene 58

Scene Fifty-eight...The Performance
Time: Evening, Saturday, July 20, 1946
Place: Miami Auditorium
Storyteller: Janet

"Front row seats!" I can't believe our good fortune.

"Nothing but the best for you," replies Doc Sasser.

Madame "C" is sitting between Doc and me. She squeezes my hand and smiles at him.

The program answers my question. Nancy is playing Odile. What's come over me? I'm actually happy for her.

Sergey and Anna are exquisite together...can't imagine any other Siegfred and Odette," I whisper to Madame.


"You'll be the White Swan someday," she assures me.

It's Act III...almost the end of the Black Swan pas de deux. Odile starts to spin. I count...thirty-two fouettes! Hooray! I clap for Nancy.

After the final bows, applause, and flowers, the Brodskys walk down to personally speak with me. I hug her and shake his hand.

"That was inspirational. May I return to your school?"

"Whenever you are ready," replies Sergey.

"Dad says I can start driving again next Saturday."

"We'll see you then," says Anna with a smile.

Dad will find out when he gets Brodskys bill for lessons.

Popular posts from this blog

Scene 95...Epilogue

Scene 21

Scene 17