Scene 83

Scene Eighty- three...Let's Move
Time: Evening, Friday, October 4, 1946
Place: William's boat
Storyteller: William


"Let's get out of this town. Since Janet's accident, we've been getting way too much publicity." I look at Betty.

"I know. I know."

"People treat me like I'm 'Superman'. I just want to be Clark Kent."

"Yes, this is far too risky."

"I want to be a boring research scientist, not a surgeon."

"We need to move. I'll be the doctor. You'll publish your findings," Betty agrees.

"What about Janet?" I ask the obvious.

"That girl's a miracle. She has Maria, Madame, Brodskys. Daddy will buy her additional help if she needs it. She'll miss us, but be fine."

"So how about telling the folks tomorrow night at their anniversary party?" I suggest.

"Okay, but be sure to call it their Church Wedding Celebration," Betty reminds me.

Popular posts from this blog

Scene 95...Epilogue

Scene 21

Scene 17