Scene 81

Scene Eighty-one...I'm telling Betty
Time: After school, Tuesday, October 1, 1946
Place: William's boat
Storyteller: Janet


"You need to hear this story. Thankfully Betty is working," I say.

"What's in the bag?" He changes the subject.

"Avocados from Mom's tree...but more importantly, remember I took adult ballet classes on three Tuesday's while you were honeymooning?"

"Yes. They helped strengthen your right leg."

"Thanks to school, I've been too busy to tell you the bad part. The Hudson was in the Kennel Club lot all three times."

"You're not allowed there! It's not safe!"

"I wasn't THERE. I was safe and sound on the PIER, looking through binoculars. And before you kill me, Nancy and I saw him leave Joe's on Saturday. Guess where he was parked?"

"They're only a couple of blocks apart, Janet."

"If I see Dad or the Hudson at the dog track again, I'm telling Betty."

"Tell your mother thanks for the avocados."


Popular posts from this blog

Scene 95...Epilogue

Scene 21

Scene 17