Scene 73

Scene Seventy-three...Guy talk
Time: Evening, Sunday, September 15, 1946
Place: Robertson's patio
Storyteller: William


Paul says, "Sam died at Midway...Jonah is buried at Normandy. Doris was awarded the Purple Heart. And I come home without a scratch. It doesn't seem right...not right at all."

I add, "How do you think I feel, with all the death I've witnessed?"

Harry's turn. "What about me? Didn't even enlist. Talk about guilt. I confessed to a priest and I'm not even Catholic."

"And he confessed back to you." I point out.

"I'm so proud of our Doris. I'd like to adopt her, but I'm hoping Paul will wise up and marry her after law school."

"So now you're picking my career and my wife, Dad?" Paul is shaking his head. He looks mad.

Popular posts from this blog

Scene 95...Epilogue

Scene 21

Scene 17