Scene 61

Scene Sixth-one...Honeymoon
Time: Afternoon, Friday, August 9, 1946
Place: William's boat
Storyteller: Janet


"Tom's ear looks completely healed. I can hardly see the scar. He's letting me pet it. Where's William?"

"Boxing. The three of us did a good job on that cat." Betty is giving me credit for doing nothing. She's such a kind person. Wonder if I can talk her into taking me with them?

"You know I've been to Bimini, but never to the Bahamas. Please take me along? I'll be good as gold."

"Are you crazy? This is our honeymoon!"

"Belated honeymoon. How did the both of you manage to get time off work anyway?"

"Doc called all over Georgia. Hired doctors and nurses. He even talked Daddy into letting Maria work at the hospital part time. You still need her, but not full time."

"What about Tom?"

"Sal loves him. We'll sail at dawn tomorrow."

"Pretty please?" I beg one last time.

"I'll make you a deal. You won't go on our honeymoon and we won't go on yours."

"That's not fair. You know very well that I won't marry til I'm too old to dance."

Popular posts from this blog

Scene 95...Epilogue

Scene 21

Scene 17