Scene 46

Scene Forty-six...Surprise
Time: Afternoon, Saturday, June 15, 1946
Place: Ballet school
Storyteller: Janet


Master teaches the class. Mistress is nowhere in sight. Everybody is dismissed except me.

"Janet, let's try Act IV one more time," says Sergey.

The dance is almost over when...surprise...he kisses the back of my neck.

Surprise again...I whirl around and punch him in the stomach.

His knees buckle and his head goes forward.

"I quit!" I scream and turn my back on him.

And there she is. Anna saw everything. She claps her hands.

I'm half way to the car and still hear her, "clap-clap."

My heart won't slow down. The Plymouth is a welcome sight. I need air...put the top down. Glad my hair's in a bun.

No Swan Lake for me. Might as well concentrate on Madame's recital.

Popular posts from this blog

Scene 95...Epilogue

Scene 21

Scene 3